this site DESIGNED BY KHALEEJIA welcome TO MY NEW SHOW-ROOM site on http://sites.google.com/site/khaleejia/ »

widget

February 20, 2013

Sheikhas' Choice - Luxury 2013 Abaya in Dubai by Fay Tamasab

oz Couture Logo



Khaleejia said:
Her name is synonymous with fashion forward and a twist of trendy edge, ladies come from  all over  GCC to  Jumeirah Village Mall to get their Fay Tamasab  abayas. This abaya designer has come to be where she is now through word of mouth. She has custom designed abayas from celebrities and public figures to the royal families.
So me, one day I had luck to meet the designer Fay herself and discover her Chic Oz  Couture  abayas that she display  in her boutique.

K.- Fay , Im impressed by your outstanding abaya designs and the impressive hand work. Now i have no doubt that your abayas are bought by VVIPs

F. - Yes, it is what we are famous for: unique designs and high quality.

K.-What else does  make you different?
F. -I love to be unique in everything i do, that became a reason for me to find my own way through experimenting with different materials and patterns putting them together in a special way. I do get inspired from some designers by reading magazines and there is one more source of inspiration is folklore costumes such as Persian Sherazi kaftans and skirts, their designs are really amazing.
I am originally from Iran and there are my roots which i am proud of, our traditions and mentality are very close to the people living in the GCC region and i believe it adds to my creations  that local taste and something unique as well. I must say that i put my heart and my soul in every piece i create, would it be abaya or sheila or anything else. I always want people who wear my pieces to feel unique and special.

K. - I see you are passionate designer but how long you have been doing abayas.
F. - I m in fashion industry for long time roughly 20 years now. I started designing abayas about 4 years ago, and i get more and more inspired everyday. I love it.

K.-Why abayas?

F. -Because i was fascinated by the culture. There is a rich culture here and people respect and keep their traditions alive by practicing Islam. However in the same breath women here  want to be fashionable and make statements and i really appreciate that and that’s why i started doing abayas. Sometimes i feel that i am getting into their heads and understand what they want or need  . The importance of keeping the traditions of Islam alive is my aim too, because i don’t want to go and do something that doesn’t belong to them, to their culture and religion. I appreciate the women in this region for being who they are and staying true to their culture. Specially i want appreciate my Middle Eastern women for the way they represent themselves, They are gorgeous, they are passionate and they are into fashion as much as the next person and are in most cases more fashion forward than Europe America and Australia we are setting our own trends here. They are not afraid to be different even outside this region. That what makes me want to design abayas.

K. - Wow, your words inspire me and i believe will inspire lots of women around the world. What do you think about Abaya fashion compared to the western trends?

F. - Oh, dont ask me about this! as I have strong opinions about this subject and maybe you want to call me biased but Im only about to speak the truth, Middle Eastern fashion designers will “are kicking a**” right now I don’t want to be rude but it is vivid- fashion and it is all round amazing amazing.   I even believe that future there will be more eyes on the Middle East fashion.
I always read all international fashion magazines and compared to  fashion in GCC or Middle East they are... I am not afraid of this word – boring. The Middle Eastern designers i consider to be the best. Like Zohair Murad, which I LOVE. Among international designers i love Oscar De la Renta, creations of Valentino are so feminine, but i dont like to copy anybody, they just inspire me. I invite you to come to our shop and see, you will be surprised from our designs. We are elegant classy and most of all practical.

K. - Fay, your abayas are bought by Celebrities and members or Royal families, what do you think attracts them the most?

F. - I would say, because of the quality and the traditional yet fashionable designs. I belive this is the main reason, but I must add that we treat all our customers like if they are sheikhas and celebrities, so no difference for us, who enters our shop, we treat all at the highest level. Because we do respect women for the choice of wearing abaya it is only very unique women with high beliefs of Islam that we cater to god created all of us equal and so we shall treat all as equals. 

K.- I saw you did Autumn/Winter collection & Spring/ Summer is expected to be launched in the beginning of Spring 2013 ? So what are the trends for 2013?

F. -Right, Spring/Summer collection we scheduled to be in March-April. The trends in the coming season, french lace are going to be in we have been doing them from day one,  i think laces give such a feminine look i personally love it, some bright colors like neons.  However we have our simple cuts and black on blacks for the everyday classic girl. 

K.- Thank you dear Fay for such an inspirational interview and thank you for letting us know about your "secret" brand. 

F. -You are the most welcome Aisha, i think your blog is the place to share secrets of Khaleeji styles and trends :)
K.- Thats true   :)

 Chic Oz Couture Abaya brand by Fay Tamasab give a special offer to readers of Khaleejia's Life blog to see and order her abayas. As they are exclusive, and done only custom made so please send a request email to info@chicozcouture.com with this loyalty card that was specially designed for you, that give you chance to get your custom made abaya wherever you are. 
Loyalty card: 


Contacts:
Fay Tamasab Abayas 

Dubai, United Arab Emirates


Web Site: http://www.chicozcouture.com


Email:info@chicozcouture.com
 Tel: +971(4)3446027




                          
                           




































For much more pictures of Fay's Abayas visit her Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

will appreciate your kind notes :)